Rideshare Help Pages
Last Updated on Tuesday, May 04 2010 13:29 Written by James Foreman
The Rideshare help files and tutorials will be updated on a regular basis as we get feedback and assist people in setting up their profiles and finding matches with others looking to rideshare and be part of this new community network.
The first thing to do is sign-up as a Hinesburg Rides community member if you have not already.
- Fill out all the required info and give as much detail as possible.
- A profile photo or avatar is important but you can skip that step and do it later.
- Once you sign-up you will need to verify your registration by checking your email and clicking on the link in the email.
The success of Hinesburg Rides is contingent on having many members connecting to others. Please take a few moments to invite your friends to sign-up using the link in your profile (see fig.1).
In order for people to find you and make a match it is important to add information to your profile.
Create/Update Your Google Map
- Go to the My Settings tab in your profile and click on the Google Map settings link.
- Fill out all the current info for your locations.
- View results by clicking on your profile tab. This is what others will see who are your friends.
To find other Rideshare Members it is important to join a group and search for those going to the same area you will be driving.
- In your profile put your pointer over the My Friends tab and choose search (fig.4).
- You can do a general search or advanced search which will give you a better chance of matching those with your criteria (Fig.5).
- Join a Group: To join a group you can visit all groups by going to your "My Settings" tab and choosing Groups. Click on All Groups link to view the groups. You can join a group or see who is already on the group and send that person a message. You can also go to the Community Home and view groups there as well.